Transporting goods by sea is the most economical and popular means of transport. Sea transport makes it possible to carry almost every type of goods, regardless of their quantity or size. Its exceptional advantage includes low costs as compared to, for example, air transport.
We organise sea transport that is characterised by exceptional regularity, punctuality, and flexibility. Our network of sea transport encompasses the whole globe..
What are the characteristics of sea transport?
Sea forwarding involves the carriage of different types of cargo with goods on-board sea-going ships. Unlike other types of transport, this method is not characterised by short delivery times to a destination; however, it does enable carrying cargo of very large weight or size.
Sea transport services are usually provided along traditional shipping lines by ship owner services, i.e. a master and crew of a ship.
Types of sea transport
Due to the types of cargo carried by sea, the following types of transport can be distinguished:
- Container transport (called also FCL – full container load) – goods are carried in sealed containers placed on-board a ship.
- General cargo (called also LCL – less container load) – it concerns the carriage of different types of cargo packed in containers or bags or stored on pallets (such goods are called general cargo). These transport services are usually provided with scheduled ships.
- Conventional transport – This form of transport concerns the carriage of large quantities of goods or objects of very large sizes (e.g. machines). Conventional transport services are provided by ships that are adapted to carry specific goods, e.g. tankers, bulk carriers.
- RO-RO transport – this form of transport involves the carriage of vehicles or mobile machines. It is used to carry cars or trucks, motorcycles, trailers, etc.
Sea transport with K Logistics
We comply with the highest possible standards. Our capacities allow us to organise the transport of practically every cargo. Thanks to dry loading any transported materials can be kept in perfect condition. On the other hand, by working with a large number of reputable subcontractors we can offer sea transport in the door-to-door system.
The offer of K Logistics includes, among other things, the transport of loose materials such as:
- artificial fertilizers,
- other types of loose materials.
We comply with the highest possible standards. Our capacities allow us to organise the transport of practically every cargo. Thanks to dry loading any transported materials can be kept in perfect condition. On the other hand, by working with a large number of reputable subcontractors, we can offer sea transport in the door-to-door system.
We handle sea transport via specialised ships, such as:
If necessary, our experienced and qualified personnel provide assistance in all matters involved in the organization of sea transport, commercial and transport documentation, customs and fiscal matters, as well as other issues that concern the conditions of deliveries that need to be complied with in international sea transport.